Come make some fun summer memories! Our U-pick spots are extremely limited, so register your crew today! A non-refundable $5 reservation fee for each person in your party 8 and older guarantees your time slot and also buys your first 2 pounds of pears. Pears are $1.50/pound after that.
Button not working? Click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
The orchard is located 3 miles down Dominguez Canyon Road, right off of highway 50
There are two primary ways to get to the farm:
- The first is to drive down highway 50 until you get to Dominguez canyon road. You then follow this road 3 miles into the valley until you arrive at the farm gate. Drive through the gate, past the young orchard, across the railroad tracks, and then down the road to the left. Continue down this road until you reach the U pick stand. Park along the railroad tracks and staff will receive you.
- Alternatively, you can access the farm directly from the river! The orchard take-out is 1.5-2 hours from the Escalante put-in and 3 hours from the Bridgeport take-out. Look for our sign to the left of the river.
Also known as a Williams pear, this is a “classic” with large yellow fruit and very juicy white flesh. Aromatic fruit with a sweet floral flavor. They are excellent for canning and eating fresh.
A delicate pear with characteristic lemon-lime and honey undertones. This pear is delicious fresh or canned. It matures later than the Bartlett pear and requires a cold period to ripen on the tree.
It costs $5 per person to register for the event, which guarantees you a particular time slot and also buys your first $5 worth of fruit. Children 8 and under are free and do not need to register when they are accompanied by a legal parent or guardian. You may pick as many pears as you would like. Pears are sold by the pound and currently cost $1.50/lb.
We run our U-pick a little differently than most farms. Instead of crowds of people running amok, we want to create an intimate experience for our participants to pick following Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) in a quiet and controlled environment. We use guaranteed time slots with capped numbers and pre-event GAP training to make that system work. If people reserve slots and then don’t show up, however, those slots aren’t available to others that may have been able to attend. We also still must pay our staff that manage the U-Pick and provide our pre-pick GAP training whether people show up or not. We hope that making our reservation fees non-refundable will help prevent no-shows and maximize the limited number of people that can enjoy this special event. And because the reservation fee buys your first 2 pounds of pears, it is sort of refundable already – but only if you show up!
We have a Square account so we can accept major credit and debit cards. Cash is also accepted. We are not accepting checks at this time.
When you arrive, follow signs to the U-Pick meeting area. You will be welcomed by friendly staff and then there will be a brief safety training meeting before you go pick and enjoy the orchard.
Yes, parking is provided for events. Signs placed on your way through the orchard will designate where you can park.
There is one port-a-potty near the picnic area that all guests are welcome to use.
Water bottles and other refreshments are available for sale in the rafter refreshment stand.
Though we do not allow picnics in the orchard, you are welcome to enjoy a picnic in the lawn right next to the rafter refreshment stand. There are picnic tables under a large shade tree right next to the river.
The whole family is more than welcome to join for this fun event. Please consider, however, that wheelchair access is not available. Uneven gravel roads and pathways may also hinder access for elderly or disabled persons.
Animals and pets are not permitted on the farm. In order to be compliant with our GAP certification, only animals that are legally considered service animals can be permitted on the premises.
It is best to wear close-toed shoes and long sleeves while on the farm. At certain times of the year mosquitoes breed heavily in the valley along the river’s edge, so long pants are also encouraged. We get over 300 sunny days per year in our canyon, so sunscreen and hats are also must-have items!
Although we are not certified organic, we follow regenerative organic practices at Honey Rock Landing and are also a Certified Naturally Grown farm. Read more about our growing practices.
- All U-pick participants will receive GAP training and a safety briefing when they arrive and will also fill out a liability waiver. No one without GAP training, a safety briefing, and a signed liability waiver will be allowed to enter our crop growing areas/orchard blocks.
- While you in any crop growing areas/orchard blocks, you may not smoke, spit, chew gum, eat, or drink anything other than water.
- Please do not touch anything in our crop growing areas/orchard blocks except the fruit that you are picking. We work hard to ensure the farm is a safe place for you — so please respect our trees, our crops, our farm animals, and any wildlife that may be present.
- Please do not climb our fruit trees, as these are carefully maintained. This is primarily for your safety, but we also want to ensure that our trees remain healthy for future harvests. If fruit is out of your reach, it is ok to leave on the tree – there is plenty!
- Please wash all produce before eating it.
- Wash hands before entering a crop growing area/orchard block as well as after using the restroom.
- Bags for U-pick will be provided. Please do not use your own containers until after you have purchased the fruit.